To overcome any fear; for success in any magical undertaking; to protect against oppression.
Angels often associated with this psalm:
A Psalm of David
1. Lord, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me;
give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee.
2. Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense;
and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
3. Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth;
keep the door of my lips.
4. Incline not my heart to any evil thing,
to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity:
and let me not eat of their dainties.
5. Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness:
and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head:
for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.
6. When their judges are overthrown in stony places,
they shall hear my words; for they are sweet.
7. Our bones are scattered at the grave’s mouth,
as when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth.
8. But mine eyes are unto thee, O God the Lord:
in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute.
9. Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me,
and the gins of the workers of iniquity.
10. Let the wicked fall into their own nets,
whilst that I withal escape.