To change one’s luck for the better; for strengthening ones spiritual values; for forgiveness of past wrongs; to receive blessings.
To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David.
1. Truly my soul waiteth upon God:
from him cometh my salvation.
2. He only is my rock and my salvation;
he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
3. How long will ye imagine mischief against a man?
ye shall be slain all of you:
as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence.
4. They only consult to cast him down from his excellency:
they delight in lies:
they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.
5. My soul, wait thou only upon God;
for my expectation is from him.
6. He only is my rock and my salvation:
he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
7. In God is my salvation and my glory:
the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
8. Trust in him at all times;
ye people, pour out your heart before him:
God is a refuge for us. Selah.
9 .Surely men of low degree are vanity,
and men of high degree are a lie:
to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity.
10. Trust not in oppression,
and become not vain in robbery:
if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.
11. God hath spoken once;
twice have I heard this;
that power belongeth unto God.
12. Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy:
for thou renderest to every man according to his work.