For protection at sea; for safety.
To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.
1. Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer:
preserve my life from fear of the enemy.
2. Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked;
from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:
3. who whet their tongue like a sword,
and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:
4. that they may shoot in secret at the perfect:
suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.
5. They encourage themselves in an evil matter:
they commune of laying snares privily;
they say, Who shall see them?
6. They search out iniquities; they accomplish a diligent search:
both the inward thought of every one of them, and the heart, is deep.
7. But God shall shoot at them
with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded.
8. So they shall make their own tongue to fall upon themselves:
all that see them shall flee away.
9. And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God;
for they shall wisely consider of his doing.
10. The righteous shall be glad in the Lord, and shall trust in him;
and all the upright in heart shall glory.