To break any harmful habit; for protection against evil plots; to vanquish evil spirits.
A Psalm of David.
1. I will sing of mercy and judgment:
unto thee, O Lord, will I sing.
2. I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way.
O when wilt thou come unto me?
I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
3. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes:
I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
4. A froward heart shall depart from me:
I will not know a wicked person.
5. Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off:
him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
6. Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me:
he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.
7. He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house:
he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.
8. I will early destroy all the wicked of the land;
that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the Lord.