top of page
To gain assistance from others, to increase one’s influence; for protection in a war zone;
A Song of Degrees
1. Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord.
2. Lord, hear my voice:
let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
3. If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities,
O Lord, who shall stand?
4. But there is forgiveness with thee,
that thou mayest be feared.
5. I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait,
and in his word do I hope.
6. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning:
I say, more than they that watch for the morning.
7. Let Israel hope in the Lord:
for with the Lord there is mercy,
and with him is plenteous redemption.
8. And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
bottom of page