To overcome arrogance; to look before you leap; for assistance with healing.
1. Praise Ye the Lord
Praise the Lord, O my soul.
2. While I live will I praise the Lord:
I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3. Put not your trust in princes,
nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
4. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth;
in that very day his thoughts perish.
5. Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help,
whose hope is in the Lord his God:
6. which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is:
which keepeth truth for ever:
7. which executeth judgment for the oppressed:
which giveth food to the hungry.
The Lord looseth the prisoners:
8. the Lord openeth the eyes of the blind:
the Lord raiseth them that are bowed down:
the Lord loveth the righteous:
9. the Lord preserveth the strangers;
he relieveth the fatherless and widow:
but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.
10. The Lord shall reign for ever,
even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations.
Praise ye the Lord.