for confidence, for financial success, to avoid prison; for help in any of life's difficulties;
A Psalm of David.
1. Judge me, O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity:
I have trusted also in the Lord; therefore I shall not slide.
2. Examine me, O Lord, and prove me;
try my reins and my heart.
3. For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes:
and I have walked in thy truth.
4. I have not sat with vain persons,
neither will I go in with dissemblers.
5. I have hated the congregation of evil doers;
and will not sit with the wicked.
6. I will wash mine hands in innocency:
so will I compass thine altar, O Lord:
7. that I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving,
and tell of all thy wondrous works.
8. Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house,
and the place where thine honour dwelleth.
9. Gather not my soul with sinners,
nor my life with bloody men:
10. in whose hands is mischief,
and their right hand is full of bribes.
11. But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity:
redeem me, and be merciful unto me.
12. My foot standeth in an even place:
in the congregations will I bless the Lord.