For patience; to give gratitude for your blessings; for healing of sickness; for protection from enemies.
A Psalm and Song at the dedication of the house of David.
1. I will extol thee, O Lord; for thou hast lifted me up,
and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
2. O Lord my God, I cried unto thee,
and thou hast healed me.
3. O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave:
thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
4. Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his,
and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
5. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life:
weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
6. And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
7. Lord, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong:
thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
8. I cried to thee, O Lord;
and unto the Lord I made supplication.
9. What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit?
Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?
10. Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me:
Lord, be thou my helper.
11. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing:
thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
12. to the end that my glory may sing praise to thee,
and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.