To acquire any worldly goods; to be diligent with one’s duties; to overcome feelings of rejection and disappointment; to eliminate the habit of being late.
A Song of Degrees
1. Lord, remember David, and all his afflictions:
2. how he sware unto the Lord, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;
3. surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house,
nor go up into my bed;
4. I will not give sleep to mine eyes,
or slumber to mine eyelids,
5. until I find out a place for the Lord,
an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.
6. Lo, we heard of it at Ephratah:
we found it in the fields of the wood.
7. We will go into his tabernacles:
we will worship at his footstool.
8. Arise, O Lord, into thy rest;
thou, and the ark of thy strength.
9. Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness;
and let thy saints shout for joy.
10. For thy servant David’s sake
turn not away the face of thine anointed.
11. The Lord hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it;
Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.
12. If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them,
their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.
13. For the Lord hath chosen Zion;
he hath desired it for his habitation.
14. This is my rest for ever:
here will I dwell; for I have desired it.
15. I will abundantly bless her provision:
I will satisfy her poor with bread.
16. I will also clothe her priests with salvation:
and her saints shall shout aloud for joy.
17. There will I make the horn of David to bud:
I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed.
18. His enemies will I clothe with shame:
but upon himself shall his crown flourish.