To receive forgiveness for any wrongdoing; to receive a job promotion;
To the chief Musician, Al-taschith, A Psalm or Song of Asaph.
1. Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks:
for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.
2. When I shall receive the congregation I will judge uprightly.
3. The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved:
I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.
4. I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly:
and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn:
5. lift not up your horn on high:
speak not with a stiff neck.
6. For promotion cometh neither from the east,
nor from the west, nor from the south.
7. But God is the judge:
he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
8. For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup, and the wine is red;
it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same:
but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them.
9. But I will declare for ever;
I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
10. All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off;
but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.